Who would have thought that after 16 years we would continue be the most popular costume hire shop in Sydney.
I took over Dazzling in July 1992 as a going concern with the support and back up of my family.
And for us to achieve our first 'five year business plan', we needed more help. We set our goals for each year and started to achieve them with ease. We put on our first permanent staff member in September that year and bought out the opposition in October.
By 1997, the stock continued to grow and work-study students from TAFE started to filter through learning vital work skills for their courses. It was at this stage that my mother didn't need to be active in the shop any more, so our first 5 year plan was achieved.
As with most business plans, some refining needed to be done. The goals over the next 10 years were to expand even more and have Dazzling Fancy Dress well established as a prominent business with in the entertainment industry.
The year 2000, saw that plan go side ways with the death of my business partner
That same year, Dazzling took on the job of costuming The Paralympics Opening Ceremony which was a mammoth effort by all the staff and volunteers that helped.
2001 we found bigger premises within 100 metres of the then current location and so the move was confirmed and business plan back on track.
When we won the small business awards again, I knew that we had got it right. We DO have the best costume hire business in all of Sydney.
2003 saw Dazzling Fancy Dress design and supply all of the costumes for the Sydney premiere of Leader of the Pack at Star City. We received rave reviews for the costumes and consequently it was a great success for us.
Dazzling also had the opportunity to be involved with some great short film projects and in 2004 year we were on location again for another fabulous film production (sorry no names at this stage!)
The following year we took out another 2 business awards and again in 2006.
We are full steam ahead with our future plans and we will continue to do so for as long as possible.
- 1992 July, opened for business. October, bought out the oposition and put on new staff member
- 1993 finalist S.B.A, added a storage and laundry facility
- 1994 opened second hire business. Finalist again S.B.A
- 1995/1996-more staff, major shop renovation, now every thing is under one roof
- 1997 take on work-study students, develop individual skills of the staff
- 1998 Winners of S.B.A, our new web site and marketing material are launched
- 1999 Winners of S.B.A, Turnover hits over ¼ million dollars
- 2000 Paralymics opening ceremony
- 2001 up grading into new premises
- 2002 Winners of S.B.A, ten years and still going strong
- 2003 costume design - "Leader of the Pack" Star City Showroom
- 2004 on location for new film project
- 2005 Winners of S.B.A and Business of the year
- 2006 Wnners of S.B.A